I didn’t do much, just added some stuff to make it groovy for myself. All credits goes to Conor for his genius cover.
I like remix competitions and when I saw there was one of a Korean musician I knew I had to try it. The competition is actually finishing tomorrow and the results will be cominng in a few days after that. However I do not feel like I stand much change in there. If you listen to the whole playlist of the remixes you realize how many great musicians there are.
In my remix I tried to combine a bit of all the worlds. Keep some of the original track while bringing something new and surprising. I tried to keep the r’n’b vibe in the beginning while moving into some dancefloor vibe in the other half.
I hope you like my remix at least a little bit.
Dubstep remix of Drake’s anthem “Hotline Bling”.
Original remix version without vocoder:
Just like that, there is a new album called “Honorifix”.
In a way it’s more a mini album but I am quite happy about it. “Honorifix” sums up most of my music intentions since “Aucklandia”. Most of the songs were affected by my love towards South Korea. Here is a few words about each song that is on the album:
1) Keep On – is featuring my two Korean friends – Ohheejung and Jo Joonghyun. Ohheejung wrote the lyrics and sang while Jo played all the guitar parts. I really like working with those guys as they are really fast and whatever they do I feel it immediately. I feel lucky knowing them as it makes me really happy hearing their ideas every time.
2) Love From The Star – the most dancefloor song from the whole album. The name is after Korean drama called “My Love From The Star”, I just felt like it suited the sounds. I am super happy about the way the bass sounds switch between each other as I feel it’s a fresh twist towards house songs made these days.
3) Anthracite – the other song fully featuring my Korean friends. I put the extended version here as the normal one has already been officially released. It’s the first song I made after “Aucklandia” album where I tried to come a little bit closer to breakbeat vibes.
4) Midnight Journey Remix – Virgin Lab. is a Berlin project but made by a Korean guy. I accidentally discovered this band on Bandcamp and the sound of the original song immediately caught my attention. Thanks to “Baxa” for letting me do my thing on their tune. I kind of feel like my remix sounds a little bit “Apparat”ish even though that wasn’t my intention.
5) Who Made You Remix – Remix of Ohheejung’s “Who Made You” has been on my SoundCloud for a while but I felt like it deserved its place on “Honorifix”. The guitar solo part being my favourite – this song has a bit of magic in my ears.
6) Heart Of Stone Remix – a while back I made two remixes for “Ceny Apollo” competition which resulted in nothing (basically they just cancelled it un-officially – not sure what happened there). Since then it has been lying on their SoundCloud. I too special attention on these remixes and I felt like I must put it somewhere. So it’s here, 6th place on “Honorifix”. Thanks to The Prostitutes for letting me use the remix on my album.
7) Too Many Knives Remix – probably my favourite remix I have ever done. Firstly I really liked Charlie Straight and I had lots of fun making this remix. It just worked exactly how I imagined it. A little bit dark, very electronic and taking it to another level. Thanks to Albert Cerny again for letting use this remix on my album.
The best drama I have ever seen – “My Love from the Star”. I realized that the theme song had no proper remix so I decided to make one.
“Fuck Off This Is My World” is a name of an mini album that I made 10 years ago. At that time I burnt a few CD-Rs and was giving it away to anyone who wanted it. A few days ago I found a copy of it and I actually enjoyed sounds of some songs, in addition to it there was a remix made by a quite well known producer called Naibu (never released).
I scanned the CD, ripped the content and carefully transported everything to my computer like it was 10 years ago. You can now get it for free on bandcamp (unless you want to donate something).
Give it a shot, if you feel like it.
While I have been working on my fourth album I did a remix for a fantastic Korean artist called Heejung Oh. Please have a listen to the remix and share if you like Also please feel free to check out Ohheejung’s bandcamp and soundcloud http://ohheejung.bandcamp.com/album/set-adrift-remix https://soundcloud.com/heejung-oh
Dostal jsem pár ohlasů, jestli je nějaký nový all Kubatko mix.. je a právě teď! Do mixu jsem dal většinu mixovatelných věcí a pár bonusových remixů na konci. Snad se vám bude tato přehlídka mých skladeb, z roku 2010 a převážně 2011, líbit. Poslouchat a stahovat můžete na soundcloudu.
01) Outro – Quazi Delict
02) With The Birds – Quazi Delict
03) Tour – Beyond Belief
04) Golem – Quazi Delict
05) Bicycle Boy – Quazi Delict
06) Terminal (with Thomas Bare) – forthcoming Disclosure Project Recordings
07) Tea Party – Unsigned
08) Queen – Beyond Belief
09) On A Paper Plane – Quazi Delict
10) The Robot Sits Over There – Quazi Delict
11) Krystof – Ukolebavka (Kubatko remix) – EMI
12) Janananas – Raut (Kubatko remix) – Unsigned
13) Prince Of Tennis – Too Late To Recycle (Kubatko remix) – Unsigned
14) Republic Of Two – The Fish and The Boy (Kubatko remix) – Indies
Republic Of Two tento týden pokřtili své nové album “End Of War” a zároveň i remixové album “United Flags”, kde se právě nachází i můj remix skladby “The Fish & The Boy”.
A zde je ukázka mého remixu: