It doesn’t happen often that I sign up a track at a foreign label. Well it happened this time with “Kafalo”. It’s out now on Dubai based label Plain&Simple. It’s kind of special track with more of a dancefloor vibe. I hope you’ll like it! And also there is remix by Tom Chubb!
You might wonder what is this new release on Beyond Belief – the whole album “Velocity Life” by Twintone. Well, it has a big history behind it. Basically Twintone has been with me musically since I got into drum & bass. He always used the right sounds that I really liked, especially around the liquid funk era of drum & bass. His sound was very original and very under-preciated.
At around 2003 Twintone was supposed to put out an album on Position Chrome (the label owned by Panacea). I am not sure what went wrong – it was probably that the sound of the album didn’t completely match the label vision. So what happened was that the whole album was free up for grabs for some time. That’s basically when I wrote a review for the album long time ago when I was still a member of the drum & bass group called Shadowbox.
To cut the long story short – I have been in contact with Twintone for the past few years – exchanging tracks and just doing occasional email conversations. I have always loved the “Velocity Life” album that captures one era of German drum & bass and I felt like it was a shame that it was nowhere to get.
That is why I offered Twintone to put it out on my label – Beyond Belief. We actually decided to add there several bonus tracks that came from roughly the same era when Velocity Life was made.
I am super happy to present this release to you. It might not sound special to everyone – as it does not match what’s happening in drum & bass right now but it is special for me and that’s why you can listen to it anywhere right now.
After Hexage’s soundtrack for Redcon I finally had some more time for my own music.
The result is a mini album called “Free Range” that contains 5 tracks – all targeting different genres of electronic music.
Let me introduce the tracks to you one by one:
1) Free Range – dubsteppy electronica with guitar parts that were recorded by my South Korean friend Jo Joonghyun. I was browsing through some of my old Reason sketches and found the beat percussions – I thought that they were sounding cool so I took them. Then I heard another older sketch and liked the bassline – took that one out as well. Suddenly I had a deeper vibe going. The rest was just plain amazing. Especially Jo always surprises me with his guitar ideas. So grateful that I met this guy.
2) Falcon – this is an opposite of “Free Range”, I composed this from a scratch a few weeks back. I really enjoy listening to those evolving filtered beats and pads. Also pitched down vocals and shuffling hit patterns do the trick for me. Pure Deep House track.
3) Buzzard – another result of me browsing through my old sketches. I found a drum and bass part that I really liked however it was just sounding too fast and too crazy. I took down the tempo to a breaks level and suddenly I was feeling it. It’s got kind of a sci-fi atmosphere that I enjoy.
4) Swoop – I actually don’t know why it took us ages with Munk (a drum and bass producer from Hungary) to finish it. I have always liked this song that we composed around year 2007. It just never got to go out. So I sat at it and contacted Munk. I just basically cleaned the sound, made new mixdown and edited a few parts that sounded a bit strange. I love the result, powerful song with a few light moments.
5) Seoul Memory – as the title says, it’s a reminisce of Seoul where I recorded the background sounds used in the song. Their subway makes such amazing futuristic sound (subway and olive n young being my most favorite places during my most recent visit :D). Amazing city, amazing country. Jo again backed me up with his guitar. Thanks Jo! you are my star!
Well, after a long time I have released an EP on a foreign label – Galvanic (under Daredo Music). It contains two previously released house tracks and one new track “Break Deep Inside”. I am happy that thanks to Galvanic those two previously released tracks might reach some new audience.
As usual you can grab it from various online stores or just listen for free on Spotify and others.
A je tu ještě jeden výprodej smile emoticon tentokrát několik CD Vzduchoplavce, které vyšlo na Quazi Delict Rec a dostalo Anděla v roce 2010.
Cena 150 Kč včetně poštovného. Pošlete zprávu, pokud máte zájem.
There is one more sale:) a few CDs of Vzduchoplavec album, that was released on Quazi Delict Rec and received a Anděl award in year 2010.
The price including international shipping is 8 USD. Send me a message here if you are interested.
New Hexage’s game called REDCON is out now! I took care of creating the soundtrack and sounds for this game. As Hexage makes longer running projects now we decided to create a new soundtrack that contains music from their previous game Reaper and the current one – REDCON.
Here is the soundtrack!
The soundtrack is currently available on Bandcamp, however in a few weeks time it will be on all major stores as well.
Just like that, there is a new album called “Honorifix”.
In a way it’s more a mini album but I am quite happy about it. “Honorifix” sums up most of my music intentions since “Aucklandia”. Most of the songs were affected by my love towards South Korea. Here is a few words about each song that is on the album:
1) Keep On – is featuring my two Korean friends – Ohheejung and Jo Joonghyun. Ohheejung wrote the lyrics and sang while Jo played all the guitar parts. I really like working with those guys as they are really fast and whatever they do I feel it immediately. I feel lucky knowing them as it makes me really happy hearing their ideas every time.
2) Love From The Star – the most dancefloor song from the whole album. The name is after Korean drama called “My Love From The Star”, I just felt like it suited the sounds. I am super happy about the way the bass sounds switch between each other as I feel it’s a fresh twist towards house songs made these days.
3) Anthracite – the other song fully featuring my Korean friends. I put the extended version here as the normal one has already been officially released. It’s the first song I made after “Aucklandia” album where I tried to come a little bit closer to breakbeat vibes.
4) Midnight Journey Remix – Virgin Lab. is a Berlin project but made by a Korean guy. I accidentally discovered this band on Bandcamp and the sound of the original song immediately caught my attention. Thanks to “Baxa” for letting me do my thing on their tune. I kind of feel like my remix sounds a little bit “Apparat”ish even though that wasn’t my intention.
5) Who Made You Remix – Remix of Ohheejung’s “Who Made You” has been on my SoundCloud for a while but I felt like it deserved its place on “Honorifix”. The guitar solo part being my favourite – this song has a bit of magic in my ears.
6) Heart Of Stone Remix – a while back I made two remixes for “Ceny Apollo” competition which resulted in nothing (basically they just cancelled it un-officially – not sure what happened there). Since then it has been lying on their SoundCloud. I too special attention on these remixes and I felt like I must put it somewhere. So it’s here, 6th place on “Honorifix”. Thanks to The Prostitutes for letting me use the remix on my album.
7) Too Many Knives Remix – probably my favourite remix I have ever done. Firstly I really liked Charlie Straight and I had lots of fun making this remix. It just worked exactly how I imagined it. A little bit dark, very electronic and taking it to another level. Thanks to Albert Cerny again for letting use this remix on my album.
The best drama I have ever seen – “My Love from the Star”. I realized that the theme song had no proper remix so I decided to make one.
“Fuck Off This Is My World” is a name of an mini album that I made 10 years ago. At that time I burnt a few CD-Rs and was giving it away to anyone who wanted it. A few days ago I found a copy of it and I actually enjoyed sounds of some songs, in addition to it there was a remix made by a quite well known producer called Naibu (never released).
I scanned the CD, ripped the content and carefully transported everything to my computer like it was 10 years ago. You can now get it for free on bandcamp (unless you want to donate something).
Give it a shot, if you feel like it.
NEW song “Anthracite” featuring my South Korean friends 오희정 ohheejung and Jo Joonghyun. I hope you all will like it. Share it with your friends if you love it and have an awesome summer!