8th song from my 4th album Aucklandia (that was almost entirely made in New Zealand – Auckland). Thanks the Markéta Foukalová from her band Lanugo for beautiful vocals and lyrics.
It’s unbelievable but for the 4th time there is my song from Aucklandia in the Radio 1 charts. This time it is one of my album favourites – “Za Hlavou” featuring Olga Königová. If you like you can vote for my song here.
A few days ago, 105 beautiful CDs arrived. Feel free to order one from my Bandcamp. I am currently based in Auckland so local pick-ups are possible too. Also if you do / have something that you think I might like we can exchange too.
I simply love Bandcamp for all what it brings to the music “industry”. They started simple, they are keeping it simple but they also continuously bring new features.
A few things that matter to me the most:
- Easy to set-up an account for an artist.
- Easy to upload songs/content for an artist.
- Bandcamp takes only 15% from anything that you sell in there. Which, if you think about it, is quite a small amount considering all the support they give you.
- As an artist you can sell pretty much anything (merchandise, CDs, digital). Everything is nicely done and orders are easily trackable.
- Stats are easy to understand and viewable.
- Clean design.
- You feel like they care about the artists. For example every artist can select three other albums on Bandcamp and so when someone buys their album on the download screen they will see album that the artist is recommending. Really cool little feature.
- You don’t have to register to buy music.
- If you are registered user anytime you buy something you get it added to your nicely done collection.
How many plays on Bandcamp do I get?
How many sales do I get?
Put all into context – on Bandcamp I would get 131.40 / 5906 = 0,02 USD/Play.
How much do I earn from a play on Spotify? It’s about 0,002 USD/Play. Thanks god for Bandcamp
Which is quite nice, again I don’t do it for the money but the fact that I earned 131,40 USD in two months will help me cover some of the cost that I spent on Aucklandia.
If we don’t count my time that I spent on the album the total cost of the Aucklandia album was:
80 USD – Distribution
327 USD – Mastering (USD = around 22 CZK)
297 USD – 105 CD Albums
total of 704 USD
after taking 131,40 USD that I earned – it’s just 572,6 USD to get to 0 cost.
I enjoyed quite a lot of music in 2014 so here is my bit. Please if you have a minute, have a listen to these artists I am sure you might find some of them fun to listen to.
- Lanugo – 2014
- Prodavač – Malý ráje
- Monikino Kino – Prazdniny
- Subject Lost – Expo Nova
- Zkrat Kratochvíl – no album but songs on SoundCloud
- Lenka Dusilová – V hodině smrti
- Lake Malawi – songs on YouTube
Rest Of The World:
- _yi – IDEO-POP!
- Dark0 – Fate EP
- Hanabi – NEET
- Mr. Bill – IRL
- Ohheejung – Set Adrift
- POMO – songs on SoundCloud
- Primula – Aquarius
- San Holo – Cosmos EP
- The Walters – Songs For Dads
PS: now when I look at the list it doesn’t seem that exciting any more but I am sure there was more I just can’t remember right now.
I have made a new mix of a podcast called XPLAYMIX. Enjoy this mix of different house sounding songs featuring four songs from my upcoming album.