Just like that, there is a new album called “Honorifix”.
In a way it’s more a mini album but I am quite happy about it. “Honorifix” sums up most of my music intentions since “Aucklandia”. Most of the songs were affected by my love towards South Korea. Here is a few words about each song that is on the album:
1) Keep On – is featuring my two Korean friends – Ohheejung and Jo Joonghyun. Ohheejung wrote the lyrics and sang while Jo played all the guitar parts. I really like working with those guys as they are really fast and whatever they do I feel it immediately. I feel lucky knowing them as it makes me really happy hearing their ideas every time.
2) Love From The Star – the most dancefloor song from the whole album. The name is after Korean drama called “My Love From The Star”, I just felt like it suited the sounds. I am super happy about the way the bass sounds switch between each other as I feel it’s a fresh twist towards house songs made these days.
3) Anthracite – the other song fully featuring my Korean friends. I put the extended version here as the normal one has already been officially released. It’s the first song I made after “Aucklandia” album where I tried to come a little bit closer to breakbeat vibes.
4) Midnight Journey Remix – Virgin Lab. is a Berlin project but made by a Korean guy. I accidentally discovered this band on Bandcamp and the sound of the original song immediately caught my attention. Thanks to “Baxa” for letting me do my thing on their tune. I kind of feel like my remix sounds a little bit “Apparat”ish even though that wasn’t my intention.
5) Who Made You Remix – Remix of Ohheejung’s “Who Made You” has been on my SoundCloud for a while but I felt like it deserved its place on “Honorifix”. The guitar solo part being my favourite – this song has a bit of magic in my ears.
6) Heart Of Stone Remix – a while back I made two remixes for “Ceny Apollo” competition which resulted in nothing (basically they just cancelled it un-officially – not sure what happened there). Since then it has been lying on their SoundCloud. I too special attention on these remixes and I felt like I must put it somewhere. So it’s here, 6th place on “Honorifix”. Thanks to The Prostitutes for letting me use the remix on my album.
7) Too Many Knives Remix – probably my favourite remix I have ever done. Firstly I really liked Charlie Straight and I had lots of fun making this remix. It just worked exactly how I imagined it. A little bit dark, very electronic and taking it to another level. Thanks to Albert Cerny again for letting use this remix on my album.