After spending almost 3 years in New Zealand I discovered quite a few artists that I really like. Let this list be a bit of an sample on the New Zealand music scene. I am sure you will like at least some of these. Please note that I intentionally skip artists like Lorde or Shapeshifters as everyone knows them
- Lukas Jury – quite an amazing guitarists with some fresh ideas, saw him on Queen Street in Auckland.
- @Peace – hip hop group that stands out with their lightweight music.
- Dog, Sheep and Wolf – alternative folk sounding artist that is super talented. You’ll hear.
- The Eversons – probably my favourite. Don’t know if you will fall in love with them without seeing them live but hopefully yes. Fun, rock songs with funny lyrics.
- Lips – probably first New Zealand artist that caught my attention when I saw her on TV.
- Bulletproof – a bit forgotten drum and bass producer that does variety of music these days. His most recent stuff sounds really good. SOUNDCLOUD
- RosaDub – a bit of a fortunate find. A bit of R’n’b, a bit of chill out / dub combination.
New Zealand has some amazing artists that will probably be an inspiration for many more to come. In comparison to our Czech Republic they seem to be a bit more young and their music feels just a bit more lightweight – it’s probably the sea, the sun and the mountains.