My new EP is out (officially on 2nd of March). It contains three original house tunes (a bit more lively though) with two remixes by Twintone from Germany and Primula from Japan. Feel free to grab it for 1 USD on Bandcamp.
Remix of my most favorite Czech song of 2016.
Original song for comparison:
After Hexage’s soundtrack for Redcon I finally had some more time for my own music.
The result is a mini album called “Free Range” that contains 5 tracks – all targeting different genres of electronic music.
Let me introduce the tracks to you one by one:
1) Free Range – dubsteppy electronica with guitar parts that were recorded by my South Korean friend Jo Joonghyun. I was browsing through some of my old Reason sketches and found the beat percussions – I thought that they were sounding cool so I took them. Then I heard another older sketch and liked the bassline – took that one out as well. Suddenly I had a deeper vibe going. The rest was just plain amazing. Especially Jo always surprises me with his guitar ideas. So grateful that I met this guy.
2) Falcon – this is an opposite of “Free Range”, I composed this from a scratch a few weeks back. I really enjoy listening to those evolving filtered beats and pads. Also pitched down vocals and shuffling hit patterns do the trick for me. Pure Deep House track.
3) Buzzard – another result of me browsing through my old sketches. I found a drum and bass part that I really liked however it was just sounding too fast and too crazy. I took down the tempo to a breaks level and suddenly I was feeling it. It’s got kind of a sci-fi atmosphere that I enjoy.
4) Swoop – I actually don’t know why it took us ages with Munk (a drum and bass producer from Hungary) to finish it. I have always liked this song that we composed around year 2007. It just never got to go out. So I sat at it and contacted Munk. I just basically cleaned the sound, made new mixdown and edited a few parts that sounded a bit strange. I love the result, powerful song with a few light moments.
5) Seoul Memory – as the title says, it’s a reminisce of Seoul where I recorded the background sounds used in the song. Their subway makes such amazing futuristic sound (subway and olive n young being my most favorite places during my most recent visit :D). Amazing city, amazing country. Jo again backed me up with his guitar. Thanks Jo! you are my star!
Just like that, there is a new album called “Honorifix”.
In a way it’s more a mini album but I am quite happy about it. “Honorifix” sums up most of my music intentions since “Aucklandia”. Most of the songs were affected by my love towards South Korea. Here is a few words about each song that is on the album:
1) Keep On – is featuring my two Korean friends – Ohheejung and Jo Joonghyun. Ohheejung wrote the lyrics and sang while Jo played all the guitar parts. I really like working with those guys as they are really fast and whatever they do I feel it immediately. I feel lucky knowing them as it makes me really happy hearing their ideas every time.
2) Love From The Star – the most dancefloor song from the whole album. The name is after Korean drama called “My Love From The Star”, I just felt like it suited the sounds. I am super happy about the way the bass sounds switch between each other as I feel it’s a fresh twist towards house songs made these days.
3) Anthracite – the other song fully featuring my Korean friends. I put the extended version here as the normal one has already been officially released. It’s the first song I made after “Aucklandia” album where I tried to come a little bit closer to breakbeat vibes.
4) Midnight Journey Remix – Virgin Lab. is a Berlin project but made by a Korean guy. I accidentally discovered this band on Bandcamp and the sound of the original song immediately caught my attention. Thanks to “Baxa” for letting me do my thing on their tune. I kind of feel like my remix sounds a little bit “Apparat”ish even though that wasn’t my intention.
5) Who Made You Remix – Remix of Ohheejung’s “Who Made You” has been on my SoundCloud for a while but I felt like it deserved its place on “Honorifix”. The guitar solo part being my favourite – this song has a bit of magic in my ears.
6) Heart Of Stone Remix – a while back I made two remixes for “Ceny Apollo” competition which resulted in nothing (basically they just cancelled it un-officially – not sure what happened there). Since then it has been lying on their SoundCloud. I too special attention on these remixes and I felt like I must put it somewhere. So it’s here, 6th place on “Honorifix”. Thanks to The Prostitutes for letting me use the remix on my album.
7) Too Many Knives Remix – probably my favourite remix I have ever done. Firstly I really liked Charlie Straight and I had lots of fun making this remix. It just worked exactly how I imagined it. A little bit dark, very electronic and taking it to another level. Thanks to Albert Cerny again for letting use this remix on my album.
8th song from my 4th album Aucklandia (that was almost entirely made in New Zealand – Auckland). Thanks the Markéta Foukalová from her band Lanugo for beautiful vocals and lyrics.
It’s unbelievable but for the 4th time there is my song from Aucklandia in the Radio 1 charts. This time it is one of my album favourites – “Za Hlavou” featuring Olga Königová. If you like you can vote for my song here.
A few days ago, 105 beautiful CDs arrived. Feel free to order one from my Bandcamp. I am currently based in Auckland so local pick-ups are possible too. Also if you do / have something that you think I might like we can exchange too.
After two years I am very close to finishing my fourth album. This is a second track from it called “Don’t Die” featuring amazingly talented Korean singer Ohheejung
If you like you can vote for this song in Radio 1 charts. Thank you!
While I have been working on my fourth album I did a remix for a fantastic Korean artist called Heejung Oh. Please have a listen to the remix and share if you like Also please feel free to check out Ohheejung’s bandcamp and soundcloud http://ohheejung.bandcamp.com/album/set-adrift-remix https://soundcloud.com/heejung-oh