My new EP is out (officially on 2nd of March). It contains three original house tunes (a bit more lively though) with two remixes by Twintone from Germany and Primula from Japan. Feel free to grab it for 1 USD on Bandcamp.
After spending almost 3 years in New Zealand I discovered quite a few artists that I really like. Let this list be a bit of an sample on the New Zealand music scene. I am sure you will like at least some of these. Please note that I intentionally skip artists like Lorde or Shapeshifters as everyone knows them 🙂
- Lukas Jury – quite an amazing guitarists with some fresh ideas, saw him on Queen Street in Auckland.
- @Peace – hip hop group that stands out with their lightweight music.
- Dog, Sheep and Wolf – alternative folk sounding artist that is super talented. You’ll hear.
- The Eversons – probably my favourite. Don’t know if you will fall in love with them without seeing them live but hopefully yes. Fun, rock songs with funny lyrics.
- Lips – probably first New Zealand artist that caught my attention when I saw her on TV.
- Bulletproof – a bit forgotten drum and bass producer that does variety of music these days. His most recent stuff sounds really good. SOUNDCLOUD
- RosaDub – a bit of a fortunate find. A bit of R’n’b, a bit of chill out / dub combination.
New Zealand has some amazing artists that will probably be an inspiration for many more to come. In comparison to our Czech Republic they seem to be a bit more young and their music feels just a bit more lightweight – it’s probably the sea, the sun and the mountains.
It’s unbelievable but for the 4th time there is my song from Aucklandia in the Radio 1 charts. This time it is one of my album favourites – “Za Hlavou” featuring Olga Königová. If you like you can vote for my song here.
A few days ago, 105 beautiful CDs arrived. Feel free to order one from my Bandcamp. I am currently based in Auckland so local pick-ups are possible too. Also if you do / have something that you think I might like we can exchange too.